OPEN AIR BURNING PERMITS
In order to be allowed to burn you must have a valid permit. Each permit is good for the duration of the burning season.
State fire wardens determine each day whether conditions are safe for open burning. Weather and air quality can change rapidly, especially in the spring, and fire departments can rescind permits when that happens. Air quality is determined by Mass DEP and you can check if the air quality is acceptable by clicking the button below.
January 15 - May 1
Click a tab below to purchase permit
When purchasing a permit using the online portal follow the following steps:
1) Click the appropriate community permit button to the right of the page.
2) Fill in all information required making sure to follow the formatting examples. Every first letter must be capitalized, including your name and street.
3) After all, information is entered click the "Generate Permit" button.
4) Your permit will now appear click the print button towards the bottom of the permit.
5) Then click the small box below that button agreeing to the rules and regulations.
6) Then click the "Click Here To Pay Permit Fee" button.
7) You will now be redirected to the Barre Fire Department UniPay website, Click the Plus sign next to Burn Permit Payments.
8) Click on the appropriate permit you generated. (Regular or Agriculture)
9) Enter the Permit Number on your paper permit and click add to cart
10) Click Checkout, then enter your billing information.
11) Once Billing Information is entered click the "Checkout as Guest" Button.
12) Now enter your Checking Account Information or Credit card information
13) Once payment information has been entered click on proceed.
14) There is a convenience fee that will be assessed and will require your authorization.
15) Once you accepted the convenience fee you will have completed the process.